Saltburn: What The Heck Was That Movie?

Over the winter break, I watched a popular movie I’d seen all over TikTok: Saltburn. The movie stars Jacob Elordi, Barry Keoghan, Rosamund Pike, and many other famous movie stars. 

The movie primarily revolved around a boy, Oliver, getting through schooling with very little friends and not much of a social life. He then crosses paths with another boy his age, Felix. Felix is extremely wealthy and also extremely popular. Oliver and Felix quickly become close friends and spend lots of time together. Something traumatic happens to Oliver, which leads Felix to offer up his home for the summer and allow Oliver to spend the summer with him and his family. There are many questionable scenes in this movie, as incidents occur as it follows Oliver’s life which certainly left me scarred. 

The Eagle’s Cry staff gave their opinions about the film. Haley Flaherty, a junior at BHS, stated although she did not see the movie, she saw clips on TikTok which “mildly disturbed [her].” 

Nora Kerrigan, another BHS student stated, based on the reactions she has seen, she deemed it as “overly sexual, disturbing, and vulgar.”

Madison Lewin, another student and member of The Eagle’s Cry said, “It was a really weird and freaky movie, but I would recommend it.”

The movie clearly has some differentiated opinions, and was also extremely weird and perverted, but the fans seem to still recommend the movie.

My review? This movie is worth watching. Although some scenes made me want to cry, I enjoyed the movie and the incredible plot twist at the end…which I certainly did not see coming.

Now the question is, will you watch Saltburn?