BHS Debates: When is the Official Start of the Holiday Season?

Me with my Christmas spirit!

As November begins, there is one specific time of the year people get excited for. Whether it’s for Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanza, everyone has something to look forward to! 

But when exactly should you start preparing for the “most wonderful time of the year”?

The Eagle’s Cry interviewed students on when they believe the celebration of the holidays should embark. 

After Thanksgiving/ On Black Friday:

Here’s the most typical time: right after Thanksgiving. Lauren Kelly and Janna Shariff, two juniors at BHS, concur on this specific theory.

“It is more logical to start celebrating the Christmas season right after Thanksgiving is over,” according to Janna.

Mrs. Miller adds that on Black Friday, “you get in the mood to shop, in the shopping zone!” This is very true for many!

BHS junior, Abby O’Hara, also had another perspective on the official start.

Abby acknowledges that many people want the start of the holidays to be on November 1st but, “you can’t just forget about Thanksgiving”. Additionally, Abby describes her love for Black Friday as most gift shopping for the holidays is done on Black Friday. Ultimately, is clear to imagine everyone’s thought process on their answers. 

When Holiday Coffee is Released:

Giselle D’Aleo, a junior at BHS, had an intriguing stance when The Eagle’s Cry questioned her about the topic. Giselle thinks she will get into the holiday mood as soon as “Starbucks releases their fa-la-la-la-la drinks”! 

BHS junior, Izzy Romero, along with Giselle believes that “when Starbucks releases holiday drinks, Christmas starts”. Good thing for Giselle and Izzy because Christmas drinks are out at Starbucks on November 2nd 2023! 

So… what do you guys think? The holiday’s are the best time of the year and needless to say, BHS students are excited and ready!