BHS Talks: Tate McRae

You may know of Tate McRae from her frequently viral songs; “you broke me first,” “she’s all i wanna be,” and “that way.”

Tate is a 20 year old singer, dancer, and social media personality. McRae is most known for her emotional, and maybe even relatable music.

Recently, McRae came out with her new single, “greedy.”  This song is not like her other songs as it’s an upbeat, pop song. Tate claims, in an interview, that the inspiration for making this song was that she “just wanted a song that [she] could dance to.”

BHS junior, Abby O’Hara believes that “‘greedy’ is such a good song” and adds that “it’s so much fun to sing to.” This is definitely agreeable and what McRae imagined when making the song. 

Additionally, “greedy” has gone viral on many social media platforms and has taken everyone by storm. It is very different from her usual music so it opens up her music to more people that probably wouldn’t listen to her originally. 

Also another BHS junior, Allie O’Shea added that ‘greedy’ makes her “even more upset” that she wasn’t able to get tickets to Tate’s concert. Allie also added that she “knows this song will attract a different fan-base.”

BHS junior, Olivia Greenfield says that “it’s catchy” and it definitely is! 

An anonymous BHS student adds that, “it’s fine” and that it isn’t their type of song. As they usually prefer McRae’s usual music genre. 

It is clear that “greedy” attracts and catches on to many. Whether they enjoy the song, or its just stuck in their heads, BHS students have obviously caught on to Tate McRae’s new song!