The Eagle’s Cry Reviews: Favorite 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

This year’s NFL draft class is unbelievably unique. Analysts and projections predict a historic number of offensive players being drafted, including a potential long run at the beginning of the draft. While many teams are in need of quarterbacks and playmakers, the defensive talent in this class is strong too. Between very talented defensive backs and pass rushers, there should be a flurry of elite prospects landing in good spots to enhance their success. Today, after careful research and consideration, I will highlight my five favorite prospects (not necessarily the best) and where I think they should be selected. 

• Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Williams is without a doubt my favorite quarterback prospect this year. His film is effortlessly smooth. He can—and is not afraid to—put his head down and run. He has elite arm strength, pinpoint accuracy, and the mental qualities needed to win in the NFL. In an era where all the elite quarterbacks can sling it (93 passing TDs), or tuck it and run (27 rushing TDs), he can certainly do both. I think his landing spot will definitely be Chicago. The Bears have the first overall pick, traded away last year’s starting QB Justin Fields, and traded for veteran star WR Keenan Allen this offseason from the Los Angeles Chargers. If they aren’t taking Williams, they’re certainly taking a QB. But, it will positively be Caleb. 

HM: Jayden Daniels (LSU) and Drake Maye (UNC), for all the same reasons

• Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

We have been blessed in modern times to see so many great wide receivers flourishing. Guys like Justin Jefferson, Ja’Marr Chase, Ceedee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs…so many elite guys who are just perfectly balanced players. MHJ will enter this level immediately. Harrison is fast and big, but he doesn’t play just like that. He is such a smooth route runner, finding himself permanently open against elite competition since he was a freshman. He can bring down jump balls, balls with contact, and can make defenders miss after the catch. His pedigree, 2671 total yards and 32 TDs, makes it possible that like Puka Nacua did this previous season, he immediately can be one of the best WRs in the entire NFL. Against my best wishes, he will probably be selected by Arizona at the 4th overall selection. I think Kyler Murray will definitely not be a terrible option for Harrison Jr., but I don’t love the scheme. I would have wanted him in a better spot, but for such a premier talent, the Cardinals are a good landing spot.

HM: Malik Nabers (LSU) and Rome Odunze (Washington), for all the same reasons too. 

• Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

Brock Bowers is simply the best tight end prospect I can recall seeing. Not only does he have the size (6’4, 240 lbs.) and speed (4.53 40 yard dash), but he is as good of a football player as I have seen. In 40 collegiate games, he had 2731 total yards and 31 touchdowns. He is impossible to tackle, deceivingly elusive, and an incredibly aggressive and strong catcher. He is the perfect hybrid TE for this day of the NFL, and by far and away the best TE in the class. He is literally just an amazing football player, I can’t explain how good he is. His best landing spots are the Chargers (5th), Titans (7th), or Jets (10th) just because they all have strong QBs and need a TE. Unfortunately, I think the Saints (14th), Colts (15th), or Bengals (18th) might be more realistic landing spots because teams might be nervous to grab a tight end that early. Bowers is worth any pick. 

HM: Trey Sermon, RB (Florida State)

• Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

In a league where landing a lockdown corner—one who can put a team’s WR1 in solitary confinement—is imperative, McKinstry is the guy to get. He has quick feet, good size (6’1, 195 lbs.), and the necessary patience to become a top corner. To me, he reminds me a lot of another former Alabama CB, Patrick Surtain II. I think Kool-Aid should be a first round pick, but he might go in the early-mid second round. Still, I love his outlook as a future top corner. I think a pesky defensive team like the Lions (29th), Ravens (30th), or 49ers (31st) with a strong scheme and cornerback vacancy is the perfect fit for McKinstry. 

HM: Terrion Arnold (Alabama) and Kamari Lassiter (Georgia)

• Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon

Some people don’t appreciate offensive lineman…I am not one of those people. As a Chiefs fan, I have been spoiled to watch some of the league’s very best linemen move extremely large human beings every play these last few seasons. Watching Powers-Johnson absolutely manhandle defenders is so satisfying. Centers are usually considered smaller and not as strong as some other linemen, but that is not true about JPJ. He clocks in at 6’3 and 320 pounds, is deceptively fast for his size, and strong as an ox. I think teams like the Steelers (20th), Dolphins (21st), or Cardinals (27th) could use this beast as their starting center this year, but I would love to see the Seahawks be bold and take the local kid with the 16th overall selection. 

HM: Amarius Mims, OT (Georgia) and Kingsley Suamataia, OT (BYU)

After watching these five monsters dominate the collegiate level, it’ll be exciting to see them continue their dominance in the National Football League. Who do you want to see your team select? Comment below.