Red Volpe vs. Pappardelle’s

Red Volpe vs. Pappardelles

Here in Bethpage, there are two major pizzerias right around the corner from each other, Pappardelle’s and Red Volpe, and students often argue over which one is better. Today, The Eagle’s Cry asks BHS students what they think of the two pizzerias. 

Let’s start with Red Volpe. This is the newer of the two restaurants, located right on Broadway. Red Volpe is very popular among Bethpage students and teachers. While both places have a pizzeria section with an additional dining section, Julia Baumbach explains, “Red Volpe is so much better! Pappardelle’s is way too greasy.”.

Although Julia favors Volpe, BHS’s very own teacher, Mr. Malossi, claims, “I stopped liking Red Volpe when they started charging 75 cents for a side of sauce.” While some people might think charging extra costs for a side of sauce is reasonable, others might think it is unfair and can turn customers away from Volpe and down the road to Pappardelle’s.

Now let’s travel down the street to the locally owned Pappardelle’s, located in the shopping center on Stewart Avenue. Bethpage’s very own Arrabito family owns this restaurant, which means when you walk in and order your food, you see familiar faces everywhere. Most people agree that Pappardelle’s is a more friendly place to go than Red Volpe simply because of that.

Nora Kerrigan says, “I love Pappardelle’s! It’s such a comforting feeling every time I walk in there, and the buffalo slice is amazing!” 

If you go to Pappardelle’s, there’s a very good chance you’ll see a friend, classmate, or even teacher from Bethpage. It’s the perfect place to get a slice of pizza! 

Joey Infranca claims, “Both Red Volpe and Pappardelle’s can cut down on the grease.” While some people think these two pizzerias make their pizza way too greasy, some people might also think it’s just the right amount. It’s all about how you like your pizza. 

In conclusion, we are not really sure which place is better, but then again, we don’t know if we will ever be able to choose. Bethpage is lucky to have these two pizza places right in the middle of town, on top of all the other pizzerias in other areas of Bethpage or surrounding areas. Which pizzeria do you think is better?