Nassau County is Hosting the Cricket World Cup? – BHS Reacts

34%2C000+seat+cricket+stadium+
34,000 seat cricket stadium

From June 3rd to June 12th, Nassau County will host eight games of the 2024 ICC T20 Men’s World Cup. From rivalries like India vs Pakistan on June 9th to watching team USA compete vs India on June 12th, there will be a series of exciting games hosted in our backyards. 

In order to host these games the county has begun construction on a new 34,000 seat stadium in Eisenhower Park (Pictured above). For comparison, Madison Square Garden, one of the most infamous arenas in the country, the home to the NY Knicks and NY Rangers has a capacity of just 19,500. With a capacity of almost double one of the world’s most famous arena’s it is clear that this will be a massive event for Nassau County. 

Tickets can be purchased from the T20 website which you can find off of Nassau County’s cricket world cup website at This link. With a global audience on the way tickets are selling out fast so it is important to get your tickets now. 

As for Bethpage students, the excitement is high as BHS Junior Chris Gomez explained, “I am so excited to see my favorite players KL Rahul and Ravichandran Ashwin, and my favorite nations compete on the biggest stage possible in my hometown. It will be a ton of fun!” 

The excitement doesn’t stop there, Junior Mike Nicki said, ““I can’t wait to see the cricket competition but it was really difficult to get tickets. When I found out I got them I was very excited.”

Wit the excitement mounting and the event coming up quickly, it is important for Nassau County Residents to get their tickets quick. Go Team USA!