BHS Predicts: World Series Winner

It is once again October which means it’s the Postseason in the baseball world. When the games are most intense and the crowds are electrifying, it truly is the best time of the year. There truly is nothing like 40,000 fans—unless you’re in Tampa Bay— standing up waiting with bated breath on every pitch, ready to erupt in hopes of winning the coveted World Series and Commissioner’s trophy. 

Last Postseason I predicted the whole bracket. Who would win every series,, and to be honest the picks were atrocious. So…I won’t be doing that again. But last year I believed the field was too wide open and didn’t have one team in mind that I truly thought could run the table. On the contrary, this year I do have a team in mind and I’m writing this with total confidence. Totally won’t backfire on me and this article is completely moot, right?

I’ll end the suspense and say the Baltimore Orioles will win the World Series.

To preface this, there are zero biases behind this selection, just my wholesome and some may even say valid opinions. Not an Orioles fanatic, never been to Baltimore, never even met a real Orioles fan in the flesh. But I am a baseball fan who has watched this franchise build this team up after they stripped the whole thing down to its bare bones back in 2017. 

6 years ago, GM Mike Elias made a monumental decision that would have the Orioles as a non-competitive franchise for the next half a decade in exchange for compiling of the league’s next superstars and to come out the other side a new and improved organization. Well that plan worked ten-fold because they acquired the new sensations of baseball in Gunnar Henderson, Adley Rutschman, Grayson Rodriguez and the list goes on. And these kids have marched the Orioles into the  Postseason for the first time since 2016. Oh and they didn’t just sneak in, they surged in winning the most games in the American League.

Yet the O’s still aren’t seen as favorites. Considering their abundance of youth many “experts” view that as inexperience which means nerves but that’s just not true. Their youth is going to give them even more energy than they’ve had all season as they feed off the sold out crowds at Camden Yards in Baltimore. 

They’ve got the guys, it’s just a matter of execution and as always a little bit of luck. Ultimately, it will all come together and led by manager Brandon Hyde, the Orioles will win their first title in 40 years.