Top NHL Players to Look Out for Next Season

As the 2023-2024 NHL regular season begins, many fans debate which players to put on their Fantasy teams. While the main picks are from Alex Ovechkin, to Connor Bedard, to Andrei Vasilevskiy, there are many players off that list that have a good future ahead of them. Here are some players that I believe will have a good future and need to be talked about more often. 

1.Brandon Hagel

Hagel’s progress while being put on a widely successful Lightning team is pretty impressive to watch. While the Lightning haven’t had the same success the most recent seasons, this causes people to just brush past a nice 30 goal season. People just see him as one of the few on the team that haven’t won a cup, so I think people need to stop sleeping on his ability on this team. 

2. Mat Barzal

Barzal’s recently been easily put down. As not being able to beat his rookie season, everyone calls him out for being “overrated” but it seems as if he’s being underestimated now. Barzal suffered from injury pretty early last season but now I think he’s gonna be in pretty good shape for a good season. Zach Fradella agrees and says that Barzal is a “very good Islanders player”.  

3. Ondrej Palat

Palat’s a two time Stanley Cup champion. Last season,  he joined the New Jersey Devils. Honestly, for the amount of games he played, he had a relatively good season for just being added to a team. Palat knows how to win and again, is vastly underrated. 

4. Matthew Tkachuk

This is an extremely unpopular opinion but yes, I think more eyes should be on Tkachuk. Everyone hated the trade and said it was a steal for Calgary, but many are overlooking how good Tkachuk was in this recent season. He turned a wildcard team into a team that got to the Finals. 

5. Brayden Point

This also might be unpopular but Point is extremely talented for the credit he’s given. Everyone overlooks the 50 goal season and just assumes he’s overrated because of the team he’s on. He had a goal or two in almost every game played last season. Mr. Malossi, teacher at BHS says, “Brayden Point is an excellent player and I wish he was on the Rangers.” 

View Comments (1)