BHS Talks: Popular Gifts on Holiday Wishlists

As the holiday season is approaching, people are making their holiday wishlists. 

What are the most popular gifts this year? The Eagle’s Cry interviewed BHS students to get their opinions.

UGG’S

UGG has been a staple brand in many people’s closets. Some of the popular shoes this year are the UGG tasman slippers and the UGG minis. 

Lauren Kachadorian, a junior at BHS, claimed that “UGGs are a great addition to a wardrobe.” She added that UGGs will “definitely be on [her] Christmas list this year.”

Skincare

Given that many skincare products have been common on TikTok and Instagram, skincare is a popular gift on Christmas lists this year. 

Drunk Elephant is one brand that has been very popular recently. Their products are known for their cute colors and fun packaging. A recent trend has been mixing the different products to create a “smoothie.” Last year, the bronzing drops from Drunk Elephant were sold out and were extremely difficult to obtain.

Makeup

Like skincare, many different brands of makeup are trending right now.

Some examples are Rare Beauty, Nars, Milk and Charlotte Tilbury. The Summer Fridays lip balms are popular because of their fun scents and cute, universal shades.

Nora Kerrigan, a junior at BHS, believes that the lip balms are “really cute” and a “good choice of makeup” to put on a holiday wishlist. The lip balms are trending for a reason.  

White Fox Hoodie

White Fox hoodies are a popular gift this year because of their cute colors and fun designs. If you scroll on Tiktok, you will 100% come across a video about the hoodies. The website offers different sets of the sweats. A junior at BHS, Eva Neamonitis, acknowledged that the hoodies are “really comfortable” and she “gets the hype.”

Barbie

Though Barbies have always been popular among little kids, they have become more desired because of the Barbie movie that was released this year. The movie was extremely popular with people even going to the extent of dressing up for the movie. It is safe to say that Barbies are popular.