BHS Students Transition: Freshman to Sophomore Year

As the class of 2026 kicks off a new school year as sophomores at BHS, there have been many changes within curriculum and school life. Shaima Baki, a 10th grade student says, “…teachers this year are way better than last year.” Another 10th grader, Sukhman Kaur also says, “this year is less hectic because last year we were new to the building” 

Within the school subject curriculum, Chris Heusel expressed, “[school] has gotten exponentially more difficult.” Another sophomore Tarunjot Kaur also said, “I cry during my math homework every night.” There have also been various other students who communicated that they feel classes have become more difficult with more homework.

When interviewed, the majority of 10th grade students expressed they enjoyed their physical education classes the most, namely yoga and lifeguarding. Other than physical education, students say they most enjoy English and classes within the arts category. 

The main comment students made was that they found AP classes extremely more difficult to keep up with than even the honors classes they took in 9th grade. Many also expressed they are more comfortable and confident within the school building as they became more adjusted to highschool throughout the year.