BHS Reacts: Farmingdale Highschool School Trip Tragedy

Last Thursday, September 21, the Farmingdale High School’s marching band was headed to Pine forest camp for their annual trip to band camp located in Greenly, Pennsylvania. Suddenly tragedy struck, headed westbound on I-84, one of the buses flipped over leaving thirteen people hospitalized in critical condition and two adults dead.

An outpouring of support was seen at Bethpage High School. On Tuesday, Bethpage High School students and staff dressed in green to support our neighbors. Varsity Cheer and the BHS marching band purchased green ribbons to wear at homecoming; in addition cross country wore green ribbons during their race to show support. Many students and staff also showed their support through social media, reposting Instagram stories to raise awareness to the situation. $37,125 was raised so far on the fundraising platform GoFundMe to help victims.

Junior Zach Fradella says, “It’s such a terrible thing but, I’m glad that Bethpage is showing support.”Now more than ever, it is incredibly important to unite as a community and preserve through these tough times. All of us here at Bethpage and The Eagle’s Cry are keeping Farmingdale in our thoughts and prayers.