Gabby’s Honest Review: The Regal Eagle Rampage

On Sunday, March 5, 2022, the Regal Eagles Bethpage Robotics Team hosted over 400 people from nineteen Long Island FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) teams for the fifth annual Regal Eagle Rampage. 

The field for the event was an exact replica of this year’s FRC “Charged Up” field, constructed out of wood and Lexan. 

This event represented the feel of a real robotics competition in a non-competitive environment. Teams from Rockland and Westchester Counties, New York City, and Long Island came to the Regal Eagle Rampage. 

As a 2nd year member of the robotics team, I can proudly say that this event is incredible. Not only does it allow for our FRC teams to practice before our regionals next week (3/19-3/25), it allows our team to socialize with our competitors in a calmer environment. Of course, we have this opportunity at competitions but if a team’s robot is having many issues, it is not a good time to ask them, “How’s your day going?” 

Regal Eagle Rampage was also a great opportunity for the new students on the robotics team, especially the freshman, as it was their first experience of the FRC environment. Many freshman on our team including Paridhi Miglani, Tasnim Adhree, and Aryaan Rupesh expressed their amazement of the field and how “wonderful it was to see our team come together as one.” 

I am so proud to be a member of the robotics team at Bethpage High School. I encourage those who are interested in going into a STEM field to join our team. It will bring you so many opportunities and connections, and you will formulate so many bonds with the people on our team. The Regal Eagles are more than a team, we are a family. Our 5th annual Regal Eagle Rampage was an absolute blast.