What Just Happened With the Mets? – BHS Reacts

With Jorge Lopez having a meltdown on the field and in the locker room, it begs the question: What Just Happened with the Mets?

If you went to sleep last night thinking that you had a pretty terrible day, trust me–it was nowhere near as bad as a day as Jorge Lopez had. 

On Wednesday May 29th, Jorge Lopez had one of the worst days of any MLB player in baseball history. Lopez blew the game in his pitching appearance, got ejected from the game, threw his glove into the stands, got called out by his manager, called his team the “worst team in the whole ****ing MLB,” and to top it all off was designated for assignment by the worst team in the MLB.

Lopez has been one of the best relievers on the Mets staff this season with a 2.25 ERA on May 21st. Unfortunately for the Mets, Lopez hit some trouble and had 3 rough appearances culminating in a 3.76ERA and a DFA. As the frustrations built, Lopez struggled to let them out in a good way and as a result found himself without a team. 

The Must have been a complete disappointment this season as the team with the highest payroll now sits below .500 at 22-33. As a result Mets fans are feeling defeated and frustrated with this poor effort. Senior James Mertz explained how, “It’s so embarrassing it’s funny. We’re done. This is the most Mets thing possible.”

With another blow to a Mets team already sullied with issues, we recommend you go out and check on your favorite Mets fan today.

They’re going through it right now.