Getting to Know The Eagle’s Cry’s Favorite Substitute

The Eagle’s Cry conducted an informal poll recently, and students voted Ms. Miller as the favorite substitute this year. She is known to be the most optimistic about school and makes school much better. Some say she’s their “bestie.”

We decided to speak with her.

TEC: Tell us a  bit about yourself.

Ms. Miller: I am a retired NYC schools teacher. I taught at the same school for 33 years and taught 3rd, 4th, 5th grade. I also taught PE for one year. The Mets and Giants are my favorite teams. They do break my heart most of the time. I have one son, Jeremy. He’s 23. I like to read. I love fiction books. I have been watching the soap opera General hospital for about 50 years. Love word puzzles and games. I walk my dog two to three miles. My two obsessions are diet cokes and McDonald’s. I have an adorable dog named Blaze. 

TEC: What is your favorite thing about teaching?

Ms. Miller: Making connections and seeing kids face light up when they grasp a concept

TEC: What is your favorite thing about BHS?

Ms. Miller: I love having a diff schedule everyday and meeting new kids everyday. I like saying hi to everyone. 

TEC: How do you connect with kids: 

Ms. Miller: I ask questions and tell personal stories. Having conversations. 

Bottom line: Ms. Miller is an amazing and respectable friend and an even better substitute.