NEWS BRIEFS: 10/3/23

NEWS BRIEFS!!!

Clubs

1. There will be a National Honor Society meeting TODAY at 2:40 on GOOGLE MEET.  The link will be posted on classroom to join.  All must attend. 
  2. The robotics team is holding a bake sale after school tomorrow, October 4th. They will also be selling movie tickets to the outdoor movie night , which is on Thursday night!. Tickets are five dollars and go on sale TODAY during lunch periods. 
  3. Also, Student Civic will be Meeting TOMORROW in room 259 after school. There will be old friends and new friends and even a bear!
  4. We will hold a Literary Magazine meeting TODAY at 2:30 in room 236. Any questions, see Mrs. Whalen.
  5. The robotics team is hosting a JDRF walk at Eisenhower park on October 22nd. Sign up using the QR code on the posters in the hallway. Also, all students interested in joining the Internship and careers advisory club there will be an introductory meeting on Thursday October 5th in room 114 with Ms Kugler all are welcome.
  6. There will be a SADD Club meeting this Thursday, October 5th, at 2:30 in the Little Theater, new members are always welcome. See Ms. Glassman in guidance with any questions. 
  7. There will be a GCC bake sale tomorrow, right after school.

Sports

1. Boys soccer battles the Generals in their HOMECOMING game today at 5 against MaCarthur. 
  2. Girls Tennis looks to smash the Spartans of Valley stream north at home. 
  3. Girls soccer travels to Mepham at 5 to make the Pirates walk the plank. 

Announcements

1. There will be two college representatives visiting in the Counseling Center TODAY: James Madison University at 9 a.m. and Jacksonville University at 1:45 p.m.  If you’re interested in meeting with either of these schools,  please check with your classroom teacher first.
  2. The following schools will be visiting this week:  
    1. Wednesday October 4th: Providence College @ 10:45 AM and DeSales University @ 1:45 PM; Thursday October 5th: University of Miami @ 9:00 AM and; Friday October 6th: Alfred University @ 11:30 AM
  3. All seniors, sign up for upcoming college rep visits in Naviance until 12 midnight the night before.
  4. All students taking the SAT exam this Saturday, must be at the High School by 7:45 am. All test takers must have an acceptable photo ID and an SAT admission ticket. You also need two number 2 pencils and a calculator. NO CALCULATORS will be given out during the exam. Please see Mrs. Zito with any questions.
  5. Grades 9 through 11, please come down to the main office to pick up your pictures from picture day. 

Birthdays 

1. Happy Birthday