BHS Reacts: Wearing pajamas to school?

BHS Reacts: Wearing pajamas to school?

Every member of Bethpage High School can agree that it is extremely common to see students walking around all day dressed in pajamas. Although there are no rules against it in the school dress code, many have different opinions on whether or not students should be allowed to wear sleepwear to school. The Eagle’s Cry asked BHS their thoughts on this debate.

A junior at Bethpage High School, Nora Kerrigan, believes students should be allowed to wear pajamas to school. Nora recognizes the importance of kids being “comfortable in [their] environment of learning.” 

A senior, Joy Kim, feels that students “should be able to express themselves; however, for me personally, I try to dress in something more presentable because I could always wear pajamas at home.” 

Contrary to many student beliefs, one teacher at BHS, Mr. Malossi, said, “I think that students wearing pajamas to school is the beginning of the end for school work ethic. There needs to be a difference between school time and bedtime.”

There are clearly very mixed opinions and beliefs on the topic of wearing pajamas to school. Teachers and adults seem to lean more toward not allowing students to wear, while kids tend to lean toward allowing students to wear. What do you think???