Behind the Scenes: A Look Into BHS’ Stage Crew

Behind the Scenes: A Look Into BHS Stage Crew

As the spring musical comes closer and closer, the drama club is working to put on a great show for the audience, but have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes? Who closes the curtains, points the light at actors, makes the microphone work, etc? Well, it’s BHS’ very own Stage Crew, run by Mr. McCourt. 

Stage crew member, Paridhi Miglani, says, “Stage Crew is really run cause you get to use a lot of tools.” The club builds the sets for upcoming shows, and takes them apart when they are over. They also handle the lights, the mics, and more. 

When asked for his favorite part about the stage crew, Chris Heusul says “I love building the sets and goofing around with my friends and fellow crew members.”

Many drama club members want to show their appreciation for them. Lori Novik, a member of the drama club, says, “I’m really grateful for them, and there needs to be more members of the stage crew because the drama club has been working really hard, and we just need more people.”

In conclusion, let’s show our gratitude to Bethpage’s Stage Crew members!