What is the best BHS school lunch?

BHS Investigates

Bethpage High School offers a wide variety of delicious school lunches every day during 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th period. Students have the freedom to choose between multiple options consisting of the panini and salad line, hot lunch, and snacks. However, what is the best school lunch at BHS? We interviewed multiple students to get their input. 

Jaideep Babra, a senior at BHS, believes that the spicy chicken sandwich is the top school lunch. He states that he “had a dream about them tonight,” and when asked how often he gets the spicy chicken sandwich, he replies, “Not as often as I should.” Jaideep is one of many who feel this way about cafeteria food.  

Junior Haley Flaherty recently tried the cafeteria’s lunch for the first time. She had the cheese quesadilla and said that “it had the perfect amount of cheese with the right amount of crisp.” As her first time trying the dish made by the school, she would rate it as a good experience and would recommend other students to try it as well. 

BHS senior Nick Morgan would agree that there are many appetizing options offered in our school cafeteria. However, his favorite meal served would be the classic school panini. He describes it as having “a sensation of flavors and a fantastic eating experience the whole way.”Junior Eva agrees with Nick’s opinion because she can “customize what [she] wants” on her panini.

A school lunch regular, Mr. Malossi, would recommend Donna’s chickpea salad. Prior to asking him, the editorial staff was not aware of these being on the daily menu but you can actually ask for this dish every day. Or at least you could until Donna left, sadly.