BHS Presents: Harvey!

On November 16, 17, and 18, the Bethpage High School Masquers Guild presented Harvey, a light-hearted Pulitzer Prize-winning comedy by Mary Chase as their 2023 Fall Drama Production.

Harvey is about a quirky middle-aged man named Elwood P. Dowd who was considered nuts by his family because he insists he has an unseen six-foot-tall rabbit named Harvey for a closest friend, but he might be wiser than anybody realizes. His family begins to worry for his mental health and sends him to a doctor.

Harvey teaches the lesson of friendship and  how important friendship really is and how loyalty must withstand every single challenge.

The play was very funny and entertaining!  My favorite scene was when an image of the imaginary character Harvey came to life. Matthew Schneider, playing the role of Elwood was very comical and kept the crowd laughing! The set design was beautiful and very detailed. The dedication of the cast does not go unrecognized. 

Junior, Haley Flaherty portrays the role of Nurse Kelly and shares “Being in the play was a great way to make friendships and inspire others!” 

Come see Harvey for yourself on Thursday, November 16, 2023 ( 7:00 PM), Friday, November 17, 2023 (7:00 PM), and Saturday, November 18, 2023 (2:00 PM and 7:00 PM).

All performances will take place at the Bethpage High School Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets are $10.00 for the general public and $5.00 for Bethpage Schools students that show their school ID.