BHS Students Discuss: Halloween Candy Favorites

Shutterstock

Many people look forward to trick-or-treating with their friends and family as Halloween approaches . Which candies are the greatest, though? Students were interviewed by The Eagle’s Cry about their thoughts on various Halloween candies.  

“Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups” are “my favorite Halloween candy,” according to BHS junior Nora Kerrigan. According to Nora, she prefers the Reeses that are “pumpkin shaped” because “there is more peanut butter in it.”

Eva Neamonitis, a junior at BHS, disagrees with Nora Kerrigan, saying that Twix is the best Halloween candy since it is a “classic.” Eva is 100% correct when she says that Twix is a classic—161 million of them are sold every year!

Julia Baumbach, a junior at BHS, believes that “Nerds” are the best Halloween candy since she enjoys sour candies. Julia claims that the “Nerds Ropes” are “not as good” as the original Nerds. There are others who think this is a hot take, considering how many people like the Nerds Rope over the original. In addition, Julia adds that because they “have the best flavor” and are “pretty,” the “pink Nerds” are the best.  

Halloween night is the perfect time to indulge in the “mini Hershey bars,” according to BHS junior Madison Lewin. Madison characterizes them as “so sweet” and calls them the “perfect portion.” I think it’s universally acknowledged that Hershey bars are a Halloween must.

The “Sour Punch Straws” according to Lauren Kachadourian, a junior at BHS, are the best Halloween candies. “Scrumptious” is how Lauren would describe the candy, and she thinks that “strawberry” is the “best flavor” out of all of them..

Ultimately, BHS students’ views on the greatest candy to eat on Halloween are very different from one another. Whether you prefer sour candy or chocolate, it’s safe to say that you will receive something good this Halloween! Stay safe and have a happy Halloween Bethpage!