Movie Review: Batman

Throughout the years, there have been multiple interpretations of batman. 13 in total, numerous people have played the part, some famous names being Ben Affleck, Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, Robert Pattinson and George Clooney. With that being said, obviously there is a lot of debate of who portrays the character the best. After much consideration, in this writer’s opinion, Christian Bale does it best.

With this part you are playing more than one character, the actors also have to play the part of Bruce Wayne. The way Bale can switch from being the part of a careless billionaire, a man in pain and of course a hero. All three of these components make up who Wayne and Batman truly are, because while of course Wayne is Batman, he is still a man and needs to be portrayed a certain way to the public in his city. He captures the essence of what the character truly is. Bale isn’t the only factor of what in my opinion are the best movies, but also the storyline that takes place. 

You see Wayne struggle with the loss of seeing his family die in front of him while also thinking it’s his fault. This pain haunts him then and continues to do in his adult life, and you see him struggle to deal with that pain. He can’t handle his emotions, but he eventually realizes that anger and harm are not going to help him. His city was corrupt and as a result of that his parents died, so trying to fight back for his own justice will not help. He fights for his city, and he defeats the evil tearing them apart. He does this to cope with his pain and prevent further damage that could be done to his city. He does this with keeping his identity secure, he’s a symbol for the city, that someone is there to protect and watch over them. 

A big factor in these movies being superior is the fact that in the second film of the trilogy, The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger plays the joker. He portrayed that character wonderfully and brought who the joker truly is to life. He has a huge impact on why the movie is so wonderfully done. The pair Bale and Ledger, work so well together, they show the dynamic of Batman and Joker in an inventive way. This is what gives the movies an extra step up, because Ledger is so well known, especially after his passing. 

Senior James Mertz agrees, he explained, “The other batman are definitely well done but Bale does it especially well.” Good opinion James!