“Adam Sandler Day” Wins Big at BHS

Adam Sandler is one of the most famous people in the world, but for some reason he doesn’t dress like it. Recently, he went viral on social media for his casual street style. Many schools are taking part in “Adam Sandler Day,” where students dress up like him for Spirit Week. Laasya Marada, a sophomore, even said that she only knew Adam Sandler because of the viral TikTok trend.

This week, BHS students and faculty took part in “Adam Sandler Day.” Although Adam Sandler is one of the most beloved actors in Hollywood, many students have different opinions about him.

Most of the interviewed students haven’t even heard of him until a few days ago. “I don’t even know who he is, but he dresses weird,” said Aria Kim, a freshman. Another student, Samreem Ghotra, said his style was “interesting and goofy, but his movies are fun to watch.” However, some students actually like his style. Jessica Dexter, a freshman, said, “I have seen about 4 of his movies and his style is good.” 

Many other students think that he should dress the way he wants. Rashna Kasaju, a senior, expressed that the way he dresses is totally up to him and if he likes it, then who cares? 

In 2021, Adam Sandler was named “The Fashion Icon of the Year” by Vogue. Adam Sandler constantly demonstrates that you don’t have to care about what other people think; the only thing that matters is your own confidence.