The Eagle’s Cry Interview; BHS Social Studies Teacher, Mr. Lynch

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sean McGrorty, Reporter

Undoubtedly one of Bethpage High Schools most recognizable teachers is Scott Lynch. The notable alumni of this school sees a majority of students that pass through in either A.P. U.S. History or Senior Seminar at some point. The Eagle’s Cry decided to find out a bit more about the adored teacher along with some of his opinions/interests:

Eagle’s Cry: What schools have you attended in your lifetime?

Mr. Lynch: “I went to Bethpage High School then SUNY Albany and after that I have received graduate degrees from Dowling College and Mercy College”

Eagle’s Cry: What inspired you to become a social studies teacher?

Mr. Lynch: “I love history and I think I’ve always wanted to be a teacher because I had some good teachers growing up. It looked like a nice lifestyle having summers off.”

Eagle’s Cry: What are your thoughts on B.H.S. overall?

Mr. Lynch:“I LOVE Bethpage High School, as I said I went here, it is a really great place and has always been. To me it kinda feels like a home like environment.

Eagle’s Cry: What is your favorite class to teach?

Mr. Lynch:“I like teaching U.S. History, it’s always been my favorite class, so any level of U.S. history is my favorite.”

Eagle’s Cry: Per Mr. Malossi “Am I a Slacker” ?

Mr. Lynch: “God no look at you, you’re in a shirt and tie. Your totally not a slacker. You look like someones dad” -*Laughter from others in the room*-

Eagle’s Cry: Is senior seminar worth the time outside of college application?

Mr. Lynch:“YES! Damit YES! After application season where it is so important, we do other things like financial aid,financial literacy along with some practical things. This year we plan on having a lesson on how to do laundry”  -me “that will be quite exciting to watch”

Eagle’s Cry: Do you think I will get into college?

Mr. Lynch:“I do, there is a college for everybody no matter who you are.”

Eagle’s Cry: What activities do you enjoy outside of school? 

Mr. Lynch:“I like sports, the Knicks,Mets and Jets more specifically. I like traveling a lot along with hanging out with my dog Roxy -the best dog there ever was- and my kids and wife are alright, I guess.”