Student Spotlight: Michael Romani, BHS Superfan!

Athletes across BHS know the face of Michael Romani, Golden Eagles Superfan. From cheering on athletes as they walk past the ACE room to coming to games and pasta parties to hanging out with his favorite athletes, Michael has made it clear that he loves watching and being around BHS athletics. The Eagle’s Cry recently sat down with Michael to find out what makes him so interested in sports. 

The Eagle’s Cry: What is your favorite sport to play…and why?

Michael: My favorite sport to play is basketball for many reasons. I like watching the NCAA, the NBA, and I did challenger basketball, which I will never forget.

The Eagle’s Cry: What is your favorite sport to watch…and why?

Michael: I like watching basketball but I also like soccer, baseball in the spring, and football in the fall. I attended football, basketball, softball, and lacrosse so far this season. 

The Eagle’s Cry: Why do you like sports so much?

Michael: I have loved sports since I was four, when I fell in love with the Mets. 

The Eagle’s Cry: Who is your favorite Bethpage athlete? Why?

Michael: I love all the Bethpage athletes because they are all my friends. If have to pick, I like Joey Luparello from baseball, and I like Michael Lazaridis, Ryan Tesler, and Tommy Lagan.

The Eagle’s Cry: Who is your favorite pro athlete? Why?

Michael: I have loved David Wright since I was little, I always watch videos of him playing. I really like Pete Alonso too. 

The Eagle’s Cry: What was the best moment from your sports life this year?

Michael: I played challenger basketball, which was a lot of fun. When they played the video of my three pointers on the news, I was very happy. 

The Eagle’s Cry: Are you playing any sport right now?

Michael: I am doing challenger track right now and we just had one of our practice sessions and that was a ton of fun. I am doing the 50 meter dash because I don’t like to run too far, but I am fast.

It was great to learn about Michael’s interest and his career as an athlete at BHS. If you see Michael in the hallway or you stop by the challenger track meets today, Thursday 5/23 and Thursday 6/6 be sure to say hello–as this BHS superfan loves meeting new athletes.