Hannah Diamond Memorial

Hannah Diamond Memorial

On Saturday, February 3, 2024, a beloved Bethpage ninth-grade student, Hannah Faith Diamond, sadly passed away during a surgery for ulcerative colitis, a rare disease affecting fewer than 200,000 Americans each year. This death has shocked the Bethpage community. Hannah was an avid part of the Stage Crew at BHS. One crew member said, “I didn’t know her that well, but I could tell that Hannah loved art and creating sets for school plays, and she was really passionate about it.”

Hannah’s best friend, Emma Aghadjanian, said, “She was really sweet; if you were sad, she would find any way she could to try and make you feel better. She had big dreams of becoming a professional chef or a teacher; she wanted to be either one. She adored her friends; no matter what would happen, she would always be by their side, and even if she got into an argument with one of them, she would try to find a way to make it better.”

There are no words to fully describe a situation like this, but the least the Eagles Cry can say is that our hearts go out to her friends and family members during this time. Today, the Red Cross Club has a bake sale where they will donate all the money to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation in memory of Hannah. We advise that, in your free time, you might do the same.

Additionally, there is a GoFundMe for Hannah Diamond, where the money will be donated to her family.

Hannah Diamond was a beautiful girl and a wonderful person, our hearts break for the loss. May she rest in peace, and may she never be forgotten.