BHS Italian Students Take Manhattan

Last Friday, December 4th, Bethpage High School’s Italian students geared up for the annual trip to Little Italy in New York City. Students ventured around the city in smaller groups, taking a walk down the streets of Little Italy, visiting small shops and even going to bakeries to get Italian-themed snacks to eat.

Afterwards, once the scouting was done, students went to eat at Carmine’s, a wonderful (and quite fancy) family-style Italian restaurant where they enjoyed classic Italian dishes. From there, kids were then permitted to walk around Manhattan and see the sights, including the tree at Rockefeller Center, the tree at Bryant Park, and the Christmas windows on 5th Avenue.

If groups were satisfied, they could even do a little shopping on their own–if there was time left. Some groups might have chose a different route, possibly walking towards Times Square instead. This portion took a majority of the trip’s time, until students arrived back at the high school, around 5:30 P.M.

BHS senior Jessica Witt said, “I thought it was really fun! I got to spend time with my friends and eat Italian food.”

Overall, the Italian Trip to New York City was quite the hit as it’s historically been–and this reporter is a little heartbroken to realize that this is her last one.