Student Spotlight: BHS Sophomore Katarina Boncic

Now some of you may know “the weird girl,” who goes by the name Katarina, but if you don’t, I want you to meet one of the best people at BHS.

The most important thing to Katarina is the value of family. She has three sisters and four brothers, all of whom are her role models.

“Each one [of my siblings] has some incredible form of strength I really admire,” Katarina said. Being a sister is also her proudest accomplishment, and she added to this: “I’ve accomplished a lot, but nothing as awesome as having a good relationship with my siblings.”

Where does Katarina go when she needs to be cheered up? She turns to her little brother Luke, who can put a smile on anyone’s face.

Another one of Katarina’s core values involves friendship. She feels that friends fall under the same category as family because friends are part of your family, really. In her free time, when she is bored, Katarina enjoys meeting up with friends. The best part about both her friends and her family: they “are all extremely grounded and humble.”

And that’s why she said her favorite people in the world are “My family, and Gabby, and Becca, and all my friends.”

Katarina is also very talented in school as well as in music. She currently can play four instruments and plays for many bands.

“I love challenging myself musically,” she said. “And I want to learn more.”

Katarina also challenges herself in school. While she may not like math, her favorite subject is Bio. When she gets older, she wants to be an oncologist, but would first like to travel. A lot of what is learned in school comes from the help of teachers, so I asked Katarina who her favorite teacher was so far in high school.

“I have so many favorite teachers. To narrow it down to one is tough. But I would say Mrs. Indenbaum. Not only did I actually learn in her class, but she opened up to me, encouraged me, and showed me how to work hard.”

Katarina is always there for everyone. She is very talented, and is one of the best people to be around. So, if you don’t personally know her, maybe you should introduce yourself immediately to this exemplary BHS sophomore.